Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 235536
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Provides support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments. Participates in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results. Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks. Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents. Participates in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- Performs hands-on wet chemistry techniques to support assay development activities.
- Laboratory work assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project.
- Requires experience with patient sample preparation and handling, reagent preparation, and analytical and clinical instrumentation.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) and a PC platform. Familiarity with standard statistical software applications preferred.
- Performs some tasks under direction of a more senior technical professional and some tasks independently.
- Performs data analysis using standard statistical techniques to solve problems and makes sound design recommendations.
- Assesses results for applicability, validity and conformance to design specifications, and prepares reports on work results.
- Maintains lab notebooks and other written documentation.
- Provide general guidance or train colleagues and/or lower level support staff.
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Medical technology is required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates a good grasp of knowledge and principles of field of specialization and applies through successful completion of assignments. Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.