Automation Support Specialist
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235567
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Automation Support Specialist is a very important member of the team that works to keep our customers buildings safe, comfortable and smart.
Here is what you will be focused on:
· Support and assists more senior System Specialists in the implementation and/or performs startup and commissioning for equipment that has been newly installed. Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; understands job specific programming via computer for system controls; supports the upload of point database,assists with the modification of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
· Network Technologies: Participates with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
· Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces. Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
· Assist with the electrical installation of building automation controls devices and components.
· Project Site Communication and Coordination: May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
· Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs routine reports to review system operation. Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
We need you to have:
• High School Diploma or Board of Education approved GED required
• Demonstrate mechanical and/or electrical aptitude via professional or academic experience.
• Demonstrate ability to read Blueprints.
• Required travel: 20%
• Ability to use small hand tools, ladders, laptop, Smartphone and tablet.
• Must be at least 21 years old, and have a valid driver's license in good standing, in order to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.