Fire Alarm System Engineer - Mt. Laurel, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235573
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are currently searching for an experienced Fire Alarm System Design Engineer to support our Fire System group located in Mt. Laurel, NJ. The Design Engineer is office-based and is responsible for the design of fire alarm systems using company tools and operating protocols.
• Receives project specifications from Engineering Supervisor, sales and service teams to design fire alarm systems using Siemens and/or other third party materials choosing the appropriate mix of products and installation
• Prepares submittal packages, riser and floor plans and performs battery calculations
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks and to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
• May perform some field activities as required.
• Bachelor’s or Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred, although candidates with a High School Diploma or GED equivalency along with directly-related fire alarm engineering experience will also be considered.
• 2-3 years engineering/systems or other related experience.
• Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required. Experience with Revit a plus
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Fully proficient and independent design skills.
• Able to design small jobs with deviation from standard tools, products or practices as needed.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an fantastic career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!