Sr. Construction Commodity Manager- EPC America's
Business Unit: Energy Solutions
Requisition Number: 235596
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/powergeneration- services.html
We are seeking a Sr. Construction Commodity Manager within Siemens Energy - Energy Solutions, to be based in Orlando, Fl. This individual will support internal and external customers for procurement on EPC Projects collaborating with project management, Engineering, Construction and Project site services.
- Responsible for purchasing construction related activities site surveys, geotechnical study, piling, General Construction packages, Mail Civil works or Steel works, pre-engineered buildings, mechanical/piping works, electrical installation and other external design services.
- Execute technical and commercial evaluation of returned fill in bid form regarding price, adherence to scope description, schedule compliance and 'non price criteria'; conduct technical clarification with supplier
- Participate in the execution of construction execution plans with input of supply base information and global sourcing strategies.
- Perform as the technical expert in supply base production of the responsible supply segment. Provide technical assistance to suppliers and support of other project team members to evaluate supplier production capabilities, develop processes and resolve complex technical issues.
- Provide leadership and consultation to innovative technical expertise to solve chronic and highly complex supply base production problems.
- Plan, implement and follow major procurement programs requiring broad technical, commercial and legal analysis.
- Perform comprehensive analyses of supply base financial stability, technical competence and manufacturing capability.
- Documented track record of successfully negotiating complex, multi-million dollar contracts for technical products or services.
- Highly refined negotiating skills are required.
- Ability to persuade supplier executives to make significant dollar decisions to support Siemens interests; e.g., price concessions, commit capacity, expenditures and manufacturing and constructability risks to support Siemens marketing efforts.
- Coordinate the interface between Orlando strategic supply management and the operational based tactical buyers.
- Direct the negotiating team, conduct negotiations with respect to commercial/ deadline aspects.
- Conduct negotiations with respect to technical and commercial aspects and document negotiation results (negotiating record) and draft revised contract documents in accordance with the negotiation results
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or business administration
- 10- 12 years of related experience in construction process and commercial finance
- 6+ years of project management experience within large scale EPC projects and contract management
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international commercial law and commercial finance.
- Ability negotiation skills of complex commercial arrangements at all levels.
- Planning, organizing and analyzes data to build recommendations on sourcing strategies with implications for vendor selection, contract terms and negotiating position.
- Expert level skills in application of product, production processes, commodity knowledge within the product field.
- Extensive experience in purchasing procedures application and terms and conditions application.
- Deliver quality orientation and application of process capability measures and statistical process control.
- Ability to perform within international industry
- Advanced leadership skills and experience in leading a work group
- Provide training and lead people development skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills at all levels.
- Travel up to 15% domestic/international
- Masters Degree