Product Manager, Automation
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 235636
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Job Description: Product Manager, Automation
This position is based in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, with alternative location in downtown Chicago, Illinois.
As a Product Manager at Siemens Building Technologies, you are the entrepreneurial owner of your product range. Working in a cross-functional world-class development environment, you are responsible to identify and deliver a competitive range of OEM automation products from Tridium, with Siemens-specific enhancements, that meet our business goals: create loyal customers, generate growth, and maximize return on investment. You will be responsible for the full life-cycle of Automation products/systems based on the Tridium portfolio.
- Act as the entrepreneurial owner of the Tridium-based Automation portfolio.
- Develop business plans and product introduction plans on a global/regional basis.
- Manage the product lifecycle from product definition through development, rollout, maintenance, and phase out.
- Represent the voice of the customer within the organization; understand the user experience, and the evolving needs and workflows of our customers in the digital age.
- Work closely with OEM Automation suppliers to ensure our business needs are understood and addressed.
- Drive cross-functional activities related to training, documentation, tools, sales, marketing, and logistics for the product range.
- Create and maintain pricing structures and price position for products within your area of responsibility, including ROI impacts.
- Provide sales and operations teams with the necessary channel-specific value propositions and technical expertise required to appropriately apply and cost-effectively deliver solutions to our customers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Tridium/Niagara-based systems and products
- Experience in gathering and validating customer requirements, as well as building compelling business cases
- Proven strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex technology concepts simply and concisely
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in Product Management or related field
- Experience with Agile or SAFe teams as well as stage/gate development practices