Business Unit: Controlling and Finance
Requisition Number: 235668
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare Federal, State, and Local Income and Franchise Tax Returns, including collecting and analyzing financial data, calculating book / tax differences, preparing supporting work papers.
• Prepare analysis and schedules to support the filing of the Federal Consolidated Tax Return.
• Research tax issues using on-line tax services.
• Review assigned companies tax provision calculations.
• Interface with Siemens Corporation tax employees located in throughout the country with respect to tax related matters.
• Review state apportionment data submitted by assigned companies.
• Reconcile financial and tax accounts.
• Document tax positions in writing.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Communicate orally and in writing with state tax authorities.
• Gather documentation and provide analysis to support tax positions under audit.
Experience and Education requirements:
• BS/BA in Accounting required
• Master’s degree in tax or accounting a plus
• Experience in preparing consolidated federal and state corporate income tax returns
• Experience in public accounting a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational/analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments, while meeting deadlines
• Excellent computer skills with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat required
• Experience with Corptax Software, SAP, Alteryx, and /or Tableau a plus
• CPA preferred