Service Technician- Building Automation- Harrisburg
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235669
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mechanicsburg
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Automation Service Specialist
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Automation Service Specialist to support our Service group in the Central Pennsylvania Area.
• Performs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
• Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
• Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system. Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
• Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly. If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
• Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs. Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
• Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• Associates degree in Electronics/Mechanical or related field. HS diploma or equivalent.
• Specialized skill training/certification may be required. Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices.
• Generally, 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Skilled in building automation controls programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of building automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills
• Local or Regional travel.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.