US Customs Duty Drawback Specialist
Business Unit: Export Control and Customs
Requisition Number: 235699
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
U.S. Customs Duty Drawback Specialist
The Siemens U.S. Customs Team supports Siemens businesses in all customs related matters, ensuring full compliance with applicable customs regulations and internal requirements in an optimal and efficient manner. The primary focus of this role is to claim and improve duty drawback and ensure to collect duties paid including verification and compliance with governing regulations. The duty drawback Specialist will manage planning and realization of savings projects to maximize duty drawback for Siemens Industry businesses. The Duty Drawback Specialist will primarily support the Siemens Industry Inc. Building Technologies division and will be located in Buffalo Grove, IL.
This position reports to the manager of U.S. Customs Advisory.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible for retrieving and analyzing necessary import and export data, calculating claims, and serving as the primary point of contact to address Siemens Industry business duty drawback questions.
• Complete data entry to convert data into electronic format necessary for building the import bank required for our duty drawback program.
• Audit of import and export documents to verify that accurate and complete duty drawback claims are submitted.
• Handling of large scale data management, error resolution, and record retention.
• Development and implementation of a Manufacturing Duty Drawback program.
• Collaborate and interface with Siemens Customs team, other Siemens Duty Drawback specialists and drawback external providers.
• Coordinate with Siemens businesses on data reporting to facilitate duty drawback filings and optimize the duty drawback program.
• Support Siemens businesses in maintaining overall compliance with duty drawback regulations and ensure compliance with U.S. laws governing usage of the duty drawback program.
• Highly organized and able to manage multi-claim processes including forecasting potential duty calculations.
• Communicate on technical duty drawback matters.
• Undertake activities to proactively enhance savings through expansion of Siemens business duty drawback programs.
• BS Degree or equivalent of education and experience in related field.
• Minimum of 7+ years of Customs imports experience.
• Experience in management consulting and knowledge in the field of duty drawbacks.
• Licensed Customs Broker is preferred.
• Hands-on experience with ERPs and compliance management software, preferably SAP
• Knowledge of inventory management systems with understanding of movement types (SAP, Oracle, etc.) incoming inventory, outgoing inventory, BOM (Bill of Material) and manufacturing flow knowledge
• Requires expertise with excel to analyze data and streamline processes.
• Experience with Integration Point Global Trade Management Tool preferred
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
• Self-driven and high attention to details.
The successful candidate must demonstrate competency in 19 CFR, US HTS and in-depth understanding of duty drawback methods (manufacturing & unused drawback)