Senior Manager - Headquarter Support Center
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 235719
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
This position can be located at Walpole,Ma.,or Tarrytown,NY., or Flanders,NJ.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Provides managerial direction to assigned Customer Service (CS) employees and within the area of responsibility to drive customer support and ensure customer service needs are fulfilled. The Sr. Manager of Headquarters Support Center (HSC) leads a team of Technical Support Engineers in providing third level service support to the Siemens Healthcare Regional Units and business partners worldwide. This position also provides people, processes, tools and knowledge for Healthcare Support globally and supports the business area to improve the quality of their products.
Includes the following responsibilities:
· Reports to the Director of LD Headquarters Support Center
· Manages team of HSC Technical Support Engineers
· Establishes and monitors individual PMP targets and team KPIs; executes corrective actions as needed
· Insures training and compliance of HSC team for resolution/problem management, escalation (Hotsite) management and knowledge management processes and procedures
· Directs the resolution of most complex customer complaints; monitors action plans to resolve Hotsite issues
· Drives and implements HSC and CS related cost reduction initiatives and productivity measures
· Monitors and manages HSC workload, prioritization, resourcing and distribution of work
· Provides resource, expense and travel input to HSC budget; monitors and manages team expenses
· Monitors escalations and support tasks in accordance with Service Level Agreement (SLA)
· Manages projects, deliverables and resources with early identification of discrepancies and initiation of actions to mitigate or resolve
· Leads, supports and resources customer support initiatives driving customer excellence and satisfaction improvements
· Supports the global CS HSC strategy through participation on focused cross-modality teams
· Collaborates with CS Service Lifecycle Management, Product Managers, R&D, Supply Chain Management and Quality Management functions
Leadership and Communication responsibilities:
· Sets and communicates goals and strategy within own team, CS and other stakeholders
· Works with HR and hiring managers to recruit candidates for Service positions and conducts interviews of candidates
· Conducts performance reviews with direct reports to discuss position objectives and performance, and to provide direction for development
· Provides coaching to direct reports to improve key competencies and to achieve individual professional and career path objectives
· Seeks active feedback from staff, peers and adjacent processes/stakeholders
· Builds a team of highly engaged employees who uphold the business principles
Skills/Requirements for the position:
· BS or BA in Engineering, Clinical Laboratory Sciences or related business field
· Typically 5-7 years of successful experience in Service Management, and/or leading large projects/project teams
· Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge required for this function
· International exposure/experience working within and leading international teams
· Flexibility for international travel and working across different time zones
· Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal) with high level of intercultural sensitivity
· Experience within Healthcare industry
· Experience with ADVIA Chemistry, ADVIA Centaur, Dimension, Dimension Vista, Automation or Siemens IT products
· Proficient with Mircosoft Office applications