Product Design & Drafting
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 235727
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
The Mechanical Product Design Drafter is responsible for accurately laying out a cross section of a compressor, creating detailed prints for manufacturing and developing bills of material. The product drafter is involved in the all aspects of compressor design, from upfront layout, to manufacturing support. We are looking for an individual who is ready to become a well-rounded team member, who is a key player and contact for a wide spectrum of internal and external customers and suppliers and is a direct link between product engineering and manufacturing. Does this sound like you?
- Produce accurate 3D layout and solid models of centrifugal compressors in accordance to the project scope and within specified time frames
- Creates prints and bills of material for manufacturing.
- Creates solid model assemblies in NX to ensure form, fit and function logic is met, and insuring assembly to mating parts are correct
- Supports product design and development, part detailing and checking, fabrication and manufacturing, and is an integral part of overall client satisfaction
- When required, the product drafter will need to incorporate new designs and standards into existing compressor designs and stay within footprint limitations
- Assist in design reviews and implement design changes
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and innovative thinking
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 2 year Associates Degree or Technical Diploma in Drafting
- Technical proficiency in 3D modeling design software
- Experience in solid modeling and drafting using CAD
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical information
- Ability to work in a team environment
- General knowledge in manufacturing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 0 - 5 years working experience modeling and drafting for a manufacturing based organization using CAD or 3D design software.
- Insight, interest or drafting experience in the oil and gas industry
- Knowledge of a production planning and schedule-based environment
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.