Field Service Engineer
Business Unit: Controls and Digitalization
Requisition Number: 235750
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to take on the challenge of powering our country?
We are seeking an mid-level Engineer who desires to travel. This position is for a Field Service Engineer who travels to power plants across the U.S. In this role, you will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades to some of the largest and most powerful electrical generation machinery in the world including gas turbines, steam turbines and generators. The training consists of hands-on training at Siemens facilities in Alpharetta, GA. and possibly in Orlando, Charlotte, Houston, or Pittsburgh. You will also experience on-the-job training as a member of one of our field teams that work at power plants across the U.S.
We are looking for someone who prefer hands-on work and is resourceful — a true problem solver who challenges themselves to find the most effective and efficient solutions to complex challenges. We provide a platform for those who want to have an impact on the future and contribute to the success of the company, our customers and the world.
This is a full-time position with full benefits. Upon successful completion of the training, you will be assigned and must be willing to live within 60 miles of Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities will include:
You will work directly with our leading staff of engineers and educators, developing skills that include:
• controls design, communications with other systems, and cyber security
• job site safety
• project management
• Siemens business systems
• overseeing technicians and electricians
• programming and testing of state-of-the-art control systems in our factory and at customer power plants
• servicing and trouble-shooting control systems in power plants
• collaborating with our worldwide engineering staff
• performing specialized controls, mechanical and electrical testing
• analyzing equipment operation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering and Engineering Technology
• 3 - 5 years of experience
• Relocation and Travel: Candidates must be willing to relocate. Candidates for this position should expect to work away from their home location an average of 200-250 days per year. Individual assignments are typically 2 to 10 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education & Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering with a focus on Controls, Computer Science, Electrical, or Power engineering disciplines is preferred
• GPA: 2.8 (preferred)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.