Sales Specialist, Chronic Disease (Richmond VA)
Business Unit: Point of Care
Requisition Number: 235762
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 75%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
The Sales Specialist reports to the Zone Sales Director, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics.
• Establishes and maintains close relationships with physician office labs and group practices, hospitals and reference laboratories in the assigned geography.
• The Chronic Disease Specialist keeps Zone Director abreast of sales activities, market opportunities and technical developments to ensure that appropriate actions can be taken.
• Implements a sales and marketing plan for a group of products sold through verified Siemens distributor partners. Also, in the event that any new products are developed or acquired, this position will have the responsibility of integrating and selling these new products.
• The incumbent must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
• Significant experience or proven ability to negotiate with, and sell to, top corporate and senior decision makers within an Integrated Delivery Network is required.
• A clean driving record over the last three years is essential.
• Develops and implements plans for strategic accounts that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
• Pursues long-term account strategy that maximizes profits. May identify, develop and manage channel partners to achieve channel goals.
• Assists in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers.
• Develops a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
• Performs client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings. Provides management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
• May develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for sales channels.
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with physician’s office marketplace is a plus.
• Familiarity with Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics products as well as competitive urine and a1c products is beneficial.