Quality Incoming Material Inspector SI - TX
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 235767
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Process Analytics and Solutions is looking for a Quality Engineer for their Houston Plant. Analyzes complex production and quality trend data to identify and solve problems. Devises sampling procedures/designs and develops systems for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and specification criteria data. Perform economic implication analyses, prepares reports of findings and carries out complicated implementation and training assignments. Completes and maintains quality inspection programs for incoming, in-process, and final assembly material and product inspections. Conducts complex audits to determine acceptability of quality process controls.
Performs full range of standard work for the professional field. Applies advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently. Identifies and resolves more complex problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal with most situations.
• Prepare and implement Quality Inspection Instructions specific to work area and product type in the manufacturing process.
• Ensure usage of the existing non-conformance reporting system for efficient non-conformance management.
• Document process/product non-conformities in the system, and follow-up on corrective actions. Verify, or participate in the verification of, implemented solutions.
• Lead the investigation of non-conformance reports using the 8D Problem Solving Methodology.
• Provide technical support for issues related to Analytic products, solutions and production.
• Initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities related to product, processes, and quality system.
• Track and prepare monthly reports for internal quality performance metrics.
• Participates in formulating quality standards, policies, programs, plans, procedures, and practices. Leads and coordinates with area supervisors and group leads to insure efficient production and quality.
• Performs and guides others in deploying and improving quality discipline and culture.
• Sets process metric goals in partnership with the Plant Manager and Leadership Team.
• Shares best practices across functional areas, affiliate locations, and/or various business units or locations.
• Continuously enhance and improve existing processes, products and methods.
• Drive Continuous Improvement in quality performance through utilization of tools such as DOE, Six Sigma, FMEA, SPC, 8D Methodology and Lean Manufacturing.
• Maintain and Analyze Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 5-7 years’ Experience in Quality-related position in a manufacturing environment.
• Associates degree in Engineering or related field (preferably Electrical or Mechanical Engineering).
• High level of proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Ability to interpret technical part drawings and specifications.
• Previous work experience in a ISO 9001 certified company
• Ability to interpret electrical controls and distribution wiring schematics.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with results driven approach.
• Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvement in a manufacturing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Switchboard products in similar industries.
• Six-Sigma certification.
• ASQ certification for Incoming Inspector CQI preferred
• Experience with incoming inspection of parts used in explosive atmospheres; ISO 80079-34:2011
• Experience with sheetmetal and busbar fabrication (shearing, stamping, forming, welding, tapping, painting and plating).
• Experience with electrical wiring standards, methods and testing.
• Experience interacting with and improving suppliers in a practical manner.