Consulting Systems Engineer - Drives and Motion
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 235808
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Consulting Sales Application Engineer Drives and Motion position available. The position is focused on drives and motion control solutions. The Consulting Sales Application Engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches to drives and motion control applications. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation and motion solutions in the market.
• Acts as one of the technical leads for drives and motion control solutions for the US market.
• Generates specific technical collateral such as application notes and demo’s for reuse by others.
• Actively participates in account planning sessions in cooperation with drive motion consultants, local sales, and technical resources on strategic opportunities.
• Provides customers and account representatives with technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions.
• Assist customers with commissioning machines, debugging complex drives and motion control systems and machine processes, testing and tuning technology functions, and tuning and optimizing machine performance.
• Develops and presents technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
• Guides the account teams to develop technical plans that are feasible within cost, time, and environmental constraints.
• Performs complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
• Provides software development consultation to prospective users.
• Supports marketing and technical knowledge transfer to both internal and external partners.
• Implements a yearly learning and development plan focusing on technical skills and engineering soft skills.
Will specialize in application and product support for the following products :
• Sinamics S and G drives
• Simatic 1500 and 1500T range of PLC’s and motion controllers
• Comfort Panels
• TIA Portal
Required knowledge, skills, Education, and Experience
A Consulting Sales Application Engineer Drives and Motion is experienced in drives and motion architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has comprehensive knowledge in architecting complex solutions. A Consulting Sales Application Engineer may have comprehensive knowledge in implementing motion control solutions in multiple vertical industries such as test stands, converting, cranes, material handling, etc.
Technical Skills Required
• HMI Panels
Engineering Soft Skills Required
• Solution fitting
• Proof of concept
• Tech selling
Other Skills, Experience, and Education Required
• BS in engineering or computer science
• Typically 5-10 years of experience in motion systems and demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
• Knowledge of competitor’s product lines is a plus.
• Travel can be 25-40% of working hours, depending where position is located.