Service Operations Team Leader - Fire
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235837
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager this position is a first line supervisory position.
• Supervises the activities and performance of service specialists
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements and T and M work.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds
according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
• Ensures T and M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion. Supervises account engineering activities including service project work, material ordering, shipping, service agreement labor plans, customer satisfaction and service accounts receivable.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements with engineers.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
• Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work groups.
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.