Engineering Specialist I - Fire Alarm Installation - Southern ME / NH
Organization: Smart Infrastructure Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas Requisition Number: 235839 Primary Location: United States-Maine-Scarborough Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Mid level Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED) Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is growing in Maine and New Hampshire. Join our Fire Alarm Installation Team, and while you’re working for an entrepreneurial global company, you will enhance your long-term career path. We offer exceptional benefits, including a matching 401K retirement plan. We are currently searching for a Field Engineering Specialist with background installing and expanding commercial Fire Alarm Systems. The Field Engineering Specialist is based out of our Scarborough, ME office and supports customers in our Maine and New Hampshire markets.
• Provides technical service to customer's Fire Alarm systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems.
• Coordinates with contractors in the process of installing systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules.
• Manages jobs or multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance and manages the workflow of the project.
• Participates in project turnover meetings and helps create work plans. Follows up with management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
• Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
• Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
• Associates Degree preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is a minimum requirement) and related field experience will also be considered
• Must have prior experience with the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems, Electrician experience desired.
• Strong customer service skills; good verbal and written communications skills; skilled in common PC applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• A Journeyman's Electrical License desired, however, candidates with Fire Alarm Technician experience who are pursuing their license will also be considered.
• Individual must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Competitive compensation • Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from • All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD • 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary • Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire individuals with high potential and assist them with their career development. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave. Come advance your career with Siemens!
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,