Buying Professional of Engineered Commodities
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 235877
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation,
transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions
– from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’
portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines
for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications,
power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and
related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
Coordinates the purchase and delivery of assigned engineered commodities and services in a manner that is consistent with company policies and performance goals.
- Purchase parts and services at best savings and value for the company.
- Establish a working partnership and a positive relationship with suppliers.
- Maintains the integrity of purchasing data with error free transactions.
- Coordinates with suppliers to meet external customer requirements and the requirements of our internal customers. Ensures these requirements are clearly defined and communicated.
- Participates in an effective cost improvement and savings program for purchased material and services.
- Evaluates supplier performance and work with suppliers on continuous improvement effort.
- Supports cost estimating, product development team and project management during the estimating, bid proposal and order processing stages.
- Manage supplier performance of 95% or better.
- Proactively prevent and manage supplier defects.
- Process nonconformance’s and scrap material timely and efficiently.
- Act as a back up to other buyers when required.
- Required to interact with coworkers and all other departments in a professional manner.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience
- Strong customer service, written and oral communication in English.
Advanced Microsoft capabilities (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including solicitation of bids and negotiation.
- Effective teamwork and collaboration.
- Ability to access priorities, demonstrate flexibility and understand the sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated, demonstrate problem solving abilities, continuous improvement and decision making skills.
- Occasional travel may be required domestically or internationally.
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications and blueprints.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- APICS certification is desirable.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma continuous improvement experience.
- Strong knowledge of Reciprocating compressors