Configuration Management Coordinator
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 235885
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Coaching, mentoring business units on CM good practices
• Managing the core Configuration Management principles of identification, control, status accounting, reviews and audits, release and product quality.
• Develop and maintain Technical Configuration and Configuration Data Management Plans and Data Packages.
• Identify Configuration Items (CIs) and requirements and assist in the development and maintenance of CI databases.
• Project Support example:
o Create new Project in SAP
o Create Project Distribution list
o Assign document part numbers
o Set-up top assembly in SAP for reporting
• TDP (Technical Data Package) Support: Review project requirement with system engineer / project family tree and timeline of documentation completion
• SAP Support: Super Key User – Special Access for creation and maintenance area of expertise, Key User – assist in roles assignment, currently owning ENG/CM modules, Test / Validate Changes, and Go Live Support as needed
• Identify and coordinate processes for version management, system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and change management.
• Create and maintain configuration management related policy, processes and procedures.
• Associate degree or minimum 5 years of experience in a well-rounded function in an engineering, design, manufacturing and SCM environment
• Hands-on SAP system experience is a must. Knowledge with Cad system (NX/Team Center)/ JIRA is a plus.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel.
• Good understanding of supply/demand concept, multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, include but not limited to hardware, electrical and software components.
• 2-5 years of Configuration Management experience preferred.
• Strong people management skills.
• Process-focused and drive accountability.
• Logical problem solver and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication skills and effective in presenting to all levels of management.
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented and the ability to work with a high work load with interruptions and deadlines in an open environment.
• Must be a team player, service-oriented attitude to all levels of personnel