Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235900
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Performs or assists with installation and checkout of electric and electronic components associated with Fire Alarm Systems, HVAC building automation control systems, security systems, and energy management systems.
· Installs or assist with the installation of conduit, wire, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with low voltage systems.
· Installs and mounts electric/ electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performs interlock wiring as required. Performs wiring check out and assists with systems start-up.
· Performs tasks related to the panel fabrication.
· Disconnects and dismantles electric/ electronic instruments, panels, sensors, components, etc. as necessary.
· May assist in emergency troubleshooting of systems.
· Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
· Assists with component and auxiliary equipment selection from outside suppliers. Provides inputs and assists with preparation of as-built drawings.
· Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
High school diploma or GED required. 2+ years electrical, and electronic installation experience; Acquire local certifications and licenses. Good written and verbal communication skills required. Must be physically able to climb, work in high places and/or confined spaces.
Associates degree or other technical training and mechanical aptitude preferred.