PTM Distribution Manager
Business Unit: Partner Management
Requisition Number: 235912
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Norcross
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The Distribution Manager for the Digital Factory and Process Industries and Drives (DF&PD) divisions is responsible for managing and setting strategy for the Industrial Distribution Partner program. Reporting to the Head of Partner Management, the Distribution Manager will work with the Solution Partner Manager, Business Units and Sales to define and maintain partner related programs and policies. The Distribution Manager is also responsible to drive a consistent approach in managing partners and providing common messaging in the market. Additionally, they will lead an organization of approximately 4-6 individuals to drive the overall definition, implementation of and adherence to Industrial channel partner programs and policies.
- Provide leadership and daily management of the PTM Marketing channel team
- Maintain senior level relationship with BU and Sales leads; ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Provide and implement improved efficiency and unification in initiatives, program and policies (ex. Investment program, MDF, TPP)
- Define and maintain partner related programs and/or policies (including tiered pricing)
- Ensure adherence and implementation of partner related programs and/or policies
- Oversee the management of events or conferences with partner and/or customers of partners
- Work with the PTM Business Team Lead on the management of partner related databases (POS, TPP, MBCPP, LMS, KPIs, etc.)
- Define and provide reporting on partner performance (commercial and/or other KPIs)
- Define and enforce selection and deselection process for partners
- Ensure the implementation of growth initiatives with partners
- Coordinate and execute training on processes and tools
- Ensure preparation and execution of training on products (incl. certification, SITEC, etc.)
- Research, evaluate and provide input on target markets as well as alternative channel partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 10 years minimum of individual sales or marketing experience together with a minimum of 5-7 years in a sales or marketing management position, ideally with channel management responsibility
- Successful track record in a sales or marketing leadership role
· Entrepreneurial view of the market and growing the business
· Credibility throughout the entire Siemens value chain
· Demonstrated revenue growth in an Industrial market
· Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment, working with direct and matrixed resources to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable growth
· Successful track record of developing talent and building effective teams
· Proven track record of success operating with multiple channels to market including distributors and solution providers
· Willingness to travel up to 50%
The ideal candidate will be a proven change agent who is results-oriented, and leads an organization by example. Excellent written and verbal skills are a must. Must be a good listener and seek input from others, yet be decisive and timely in decision-making. The ideal candidate must thrive on change and continuous improvement in our complex, fast-paced environment.
Must be an inspiring leader, strategic and possess an excellent understanding of our customers, markets, business operations and people. Must be willing to take measured risk, and demonstrate the ability to act with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, which results in teamwork, shared knowledge and ideas.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor's Degree required, additional Masters in Business Administration is preferred.
· Previous experience within the Industrial Automation market is required; knowledge of selling into the Construction market would be preferred but not essential.
· Demonstrated track record of effectively navigating highly matrixed organizations including culture and processes is critical to success of this position.