Risk Manager - Bond Finance
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 235914
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
- Excellent analytical skills and thorough knowledge of the Municipal Bond and Private Placement bond market
- Extensive industry sector expertise with a strong understanding of all key industry risk drivers; regulatory, cash flow, structural, and issuer industry specific.
- Excellent ability to understand and interpret highly technical data and information, with the further ability to present the information in a clear, concise and non-technical manner to allow approval authorities to be able to expertly reach a decision on prospective financing requests.
- As part of the ongoing review and monitoring process; craft and evaluate client information, compare to industry benchmarks, analyze third party information, assess risk and recommend credit levels, financing structures and documentation requirements within standards and following risk management policies;
- Lead deal packaging / submittal process by authoring/reviewing the Credit Report, Risk Rating Worksheet, and other appropriate underwriting documents for approval or presentation to Investment and Credit Committees.
- Excellent cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models. Strong ability to analyze and interpret cash flow model data. Appropriately analyze all projection assumptions and justifications. Conclude if projections are realistic and the ability for the borrower to attain projected results;
- Ensure all risk management guidelines are adhered to and exceptions documented;
- Read and negotiate bond documents and bond terms with SFS and SPI borrowers
- Assist in the oversight of the documentation/contracting and funding/booking processes, including resolving any open items and ensuring all credit conditions are satisfied prior to funding;
- Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the sales, marketing and business development personnel;
- Develop strong working relationships with other operational disciplines (Legal, Loan Operations, Asset Management, Collections, Tax, Accounting);
- Attend industry seminars and courses focused on credit skills, financial statement analysis, portfolio management, project finance and subsectors including Healthcare, Higher Education, and Municipals.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 10 years underwriting and portfolio management experience, with an additional minimum 5+ years experience in Healthcare, Higher Education or Municipal industry underwriting, Minimum 4-year college degree with a focus on Finance, Business Administration or Accounting. MBA preferred (or sufficient additional industry experience);
- Familiarity with Private Placement Bond loan documentation, due diligence and closing processes.
- Demonstrated experience negotiating, underwriting and closing Private Placement Bonds.
- Completed formal bank credit training program is a plus;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive overall knowledge of credit, audit and portfolio management as well as a general understanding of new business development and loan administration;
- General understanding of Healthcare, Higher Education and Municipal industry drivers and issues;
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills;
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to interact effectively with all levels of management;
- Excellent ability to operate in a high volume, time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus;
- High degree of flexibility, energy, and initiative;
- Excellent organization skills.