Technical Sales Support Professional , Birmingham, AL
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235932
Primary Location: United States-Alabama-Pelham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Solutions Sales Estimator
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Building Automation business in the Birmingham, AL area in vertical markets such as Healthcare, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, whether it’s in the new construction market or direct end-user service market.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- A Career ladder leading into an external Sales Executive position with Siemens.
The Solutions Sales Estimator reports to the Branch General Manager in Birmingham, Al to support the growth and sales productivity of the Sales Team covering the Birmingham Metro area. In this role, this individual will primarily focus on estimating, pricing, and generating proposals, which ultimately will drive growth of the business.
· You will lead and completes sales cost estimates, and price quotations for sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities for Automations Solutions sales.
· You will collects information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed.
· You will attend job meetings and site walk-throughs to gain deeper project and customer knowledge and assists sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams and also obtains quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
· You will work with customers and employees to answer technical and pricing questions, preparation of technical quotes, some development and maintenance of technical documentation, customer expediting, and order entry
· You will use AutoCAD to build riser diagrams.
· Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam.
· Required experience: Demonstrable ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for building automation systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the controls industry, fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimator roles from other
· segments of the electrical industry.
· Required travel: 5%
· Proficient written and verbal communication in English and Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical field to compliment the type of estimating
· work required for this role.
· Preferred experience: Designing fire alarm systems, Building Automation Systems and Security.
· Knowledge of fire products and NICET 2 or greater preferred.
· Knowledge of controls systems and products
· HVAC Knowledge
· Lighting estimating experience a plus not required