Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 236009
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Other Locations: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Role would need to offer support or participate in conference calls during off hours or weekends to support our global clients.
- Serve as main point of contact for factory to client services to support proposal development
- Provide information about engineering design to proposal or direct client services to subject matter experts
- Provide proposal specific cost estimates and schedules with engineering and operations input
- Manage multiple proposal cost estimates and schedules concurrently
- Utilize configuration cost tools and historical data to develop cost estimates
- Analyze customer demand to determine critical path affecting execution
- Determine and report milestones to monitor progress and advise project management
- Review workload with appropriate operations management and suggest schedule or capacity adjustments based on workload, master schedules, and unplanned activities
- Establish and maintain operations and training program for planners and conduct training as required for new users or updates to features and functions of Planning tools
- Ensure highly disciplined level of data and change management
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in Engineering, Operations Planning, Logistics, or a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing cost estimates for rotating and or reciprocating equipment.
- Demonstrated expertise in MS project or Primavera
- Advanced knowledge in Office applications
- Substantial Experience in Manufacturing of Power generation, Gas Compression, Rotating Equipment, or Process Automation
- Strong knowledge of Industry engineering fundamentals and Industry codes, and business operations required
- Project Management capability with complex / multi-element projects. High level of business acumen required
- Experience in customer communication, meetings and technical & commercial negotiations
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships and influence and persuade through credibility, integrity and professionalism
- Strong collaborative approach, with good understanding of when to support and when to challenge others and working with cross functional team to drive part projects to completion
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in manufacturing of power generation, gas compression, rotating equipment, or process automation
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.