Zone Controller - Building Technologies - West Coast
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 236029
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Issaquah, United States-California-Hayward, United States-California-Cypress, United States-California-San Diego, United States-California-West Sacramento, United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Building Technologies is seeking a Zone Controller for the Pacific Zone (including Billing Lead for the Western Commercial Center of Excellence). The Zone Controller work to meet business goals while partnering with sales and operations managers, project/service teams, Finance and Business Administration (FBA) colleagues, and auditors. The Pacific Zone covers 8 Branches in different states, California: San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Sacramento; Washington: Seattle; Oregon: Portland; Alaska: Anchorage; Hawaii: Honolulu.
- Leads and manages Zone accounting activities and staff (15+ direct reports, 25 total) including general accounting, certified payroll as well as billing activities for two zones.
- Responsible for approx. 7000 billings per month for 2 reporting zones.
- Provide weekly payroll reports to field management to enable them drive compliance with local law.
- Ensures employee engagement and that the Zone Accounting team is committed to customer satisfaction and profitable growth within the Zone.
- Acts as Asset Management Champion for the Zone.
- Provides leadership and support for continuous improvement efforts, particularly those related to FBA processes and procedures, whether at the branch, Zone or headquarters level.
- Reviews and validates balance sheets, coding of invoices, proper account distribution, and other accounting activities.
- Acts as liaison for Sales and Operations, and ensures standard, accurate, efficient, and effective booking and billing processes.
- Drives billing accuracy and manages booking metrics, to maximize booking quality and efficiency. If necessary, provides periodic training on tools, processes, and financials as related to booking and billing process.
- Manage the Zone Credit and Collections Supervisor, overseeing enforcement of company’s credit and collections policies, practices, and procedures to ensure financial objectives meet established targets. Oversight of AR and ageing (8,000-10,000 invoices) and thereof collection per month up to 5,000 invoices.
- May interface with external customers to evaluate credit risk, negotiate payment plans with past-due customers, and determine when customers should be turned over to a collection’s agency.
- Supervises Zone quarterly A/R and other reserve reviews and provides Zone FBA with recommendations as required.
- With Zone FBA, may assess contracts for credit-worthiness and month-end journal entry requests such as write-offs, etc.
- Drives process improvements or innovations to increase productivity (Billing, Trade Payable, Payroll, Public Works, owner-controlled insurance program (OCIP) and NWC).
- Ensures and enforces effective internal controls, policies, and procedures in compliance with GAAP and other government requirements, professional standards, and company policies. Implements and conforms to workflow standards and related tools, training, policies and procedures to ensure optimum effectiveness.
- May participate in special projects related to either the local business or in support of regional or home-office initiatives.
- Acts as company representative and liaison to customers and local authorities to foster successful relationships and positive image for Siemens.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: 8+ years of finance and accounting experience.
- Other requirements:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English with the ability to interact appropriately with customers and all levels of management.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Other preferences:
- Supervisory experience a must.
- Leading virtual teams strongly preferred.
- Coaching and developing talents preferred.
- Data Analytics & dashboard experience preferred
- Experience with influencing stakeholders and working with sales and operations.
- Knowledge of construction accounting with bond and lien law experience preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant certificate.
- Proficiency with related SAP modules.
- Experience in a fast-pace and highly transactional work environment.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.