Senior Commercial Project Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 236035
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-New Castle
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
The Senior Commercial Project Manager will be a partner to the Sr. Project Manager in executing Customer service projects ranging from $250M to $500M + in value with duration from 15-30 years. The Sr. Commercial Project Manager together with the Sr. Project Manager will continuously drive the project to always be on schedule and on budget in order to ensure a stable or improved project margin. This position will report to the Director - Finance and Business Administration, Customer service.
· You will maintain the Estimated at Completion (EAC) project plans
· You will manage all functional departments in a matrix organization
· You will provide risk management and opportunities management
· You will be responsible for contract & claims management
· You will interface with external customer on project progress and any contract or finance issues
· You will interface with corporate accounting and external auditors on any relevant issues
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Required education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• Minimum required past experience: 10 years
• Required amount of travel: 25%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Preferred certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) or Commercial Project Manager (CPM) certification obligatory, Senior Commercial Project Manager preferred.