Associate Project Manager
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236073
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Oklahoma City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Join a growing business and team! You can make an immediate impact with a Fortune 100 company by contributing your Project Management skills and experience in our Oklahoma Branch.
As a Project Manager of Siemens Building Technologies’ operations team, you are responsible for the technical and commercial success of the projects in your portfolio, as well as for customer satisfaction. You will manage Siemens resources and third-party subcontracted resources on a daily basis as you support the Oklahoma team in partnering with contract tier partners as well as building owners.
- Work with the team to plan, schedule, and execute your projects adequately to comply with customer program milestones and deadlines.
- Identify and manage risks in your projects, and escalate risks to program management wherever a risk is likely to negatively impact a key project milestone or budget.
- Manage the KPIs in your project portfolio including Forecasted Costs, Planned Costs, Actual Costs, Cost Variances, Schedule Variance, Cost-to-Complete, Cash-Flow, Billing, and Revenue.
- Manage the contractual components of your project portfolio including Scope, Schedule, Change Orders, and Risk and Opportunity.
- Manage stakeholder expectations, and proactively communicate between all stakeholders to ensure all parties are aligned and all issues and conflicts are resolved.
- Document all key meetings, important decisions, changes in scope, and dependencies on other trades which impacts Siemens progress.
- Create Monthly Status Reporting and Management Level Reporting for projects in your portfolio.
- Coordinate procurement and logistics of materials and labor for timely delivery in line with project execution.
- Manage responsibilities related to safety requirements and quality assurance for projects in your portfolio.
- Ensures full-time attendance between project site(s) and project work in office.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
- Required experience: Proven success managing deadlines and financial responsibilities of projects (construction preferred), or experience implementing or selling building technologies.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan, and must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or project management
- Industry certifications (NICET, CEM, CAPM or PMP)
- Preferred experience: Experience with building and construction practices as a service coordinator or project coordinator within HVAC / Fire / Security system field