CNC Mill Operator - 3rd Shift
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 236110
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies.
Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit:
This is a 3rd Shift Position
To set up and operate a four axis computer numerical controlled jig mill to perform various milling, drills, reaming, tapping, boring, etc.; operations on component parts for compressors, turbines, etc.
- Setup and operate a numerical controlled jig mill by installing and adjusting tools, setting feeds and speeds, installing fixtures, blocks, shims and clamping devices.
- Position and align parts as required.
- Perform milling, drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, etc. operations as required.
- Check part to assure tolerances and finishes meet requirements. record and report deviations.
- De-burr and clean parts as needed.
- Perform intermediate assembly for parts for subsequent machining operations.
- Use jib hoist and operate radio controlled crane as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.