Engine Lathe Operator
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 236112
Primary Location: United States-New York-Olean
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
This is a 2nd Shift Position
To set up and operate engine lathe on a variety of close tolerance work involving thin sections and extremely fine finishes.
- Set up and operate an engine lathe to perform a variety of close tolerance machining operations including varied threading, on parts such as: thrust bearing shoes, end cover labyrinths, expander hub and shafts, centrifugal adapter, repair and re-machine work labyrinth seals, etc.
- Set up requires changing chuck jaws, jigs, or centers. Select and install required tools and tool holders.
- Use jib hoist.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Candidates must achieve a passing score on the TABE test issued at One Stop. Call 716-373-1880 to schedule an appointment.
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Must pass our basic mechanical aptitude test given on-site at Dresser-Rand.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds on a regular basis throughout the day.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.