Information Developer Advanced
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 236129
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: None
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Information Developer - Advanced
(Primary Location: St. Louis; Secondary locations: Milford, Detroit, Charlotte & others)
Currently hiring an Information Developer responsible for applying technical communication or instructional design skills to develop information solutions that assist global customers and support their learning needs. Solves complex problems related to user-assistance and product use. Uses independent judgment to plan, design, and develop user-assistance deliverables. Works with product managers, customers, subject matter experts, localization experts, customer support, and sales support for product planning and development. Effectively communicates in one-on-one and group situations. Highly organized with great attention to detail. Requires minimal direction on projects.
· Applies results of audience and user task analyses to design user-assistance content meaningful to the customer experience. This includes online assistance, printed manuals, tutorials, graphics, and multimedia.
· Learns the products, conducts research, defines content and scope, plans, develops, and maintains new and existing information solutions for end-users, installers, administrators, and implementer's of Siemens PLM Software products.
· Researches new Siemens PLM Software products and/or changes to existing products to determine the customer impact.
· Generates realistic examples, activities, tutorials, models and data for use in user-assistance content. .
· Interacts with customers to learn their needs, and to test and validate user-assistance products.
· Expands technical expertise and broadens abilities to perform multiple roles within the organization.
· Identifies intra- and inter-organization problems and makes recommendations for solutions.
· Understands and successfully uses complex xml development tools and environment to create end-user products.
· Comprehends and manages complex dependencies and relationships between content objects to create and maintain information that is reused across multiple deliverable's (such as documentation and courseware), across various types of media (html, pdf), and across multiple releases and products.
· Becomes increasingly competent in many aspects of information development including product knowledge and application, research, user studies, information or instructional design, information mapping, media selection, graphics and multimedia development, content authoring, content reuse, testing and implementation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or international graduate of a university level program) in a related technical field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in technical communication or instructional design, or in a product-related subject area such as mechanical design, engineering, and/or product lifecycle data management engineering, or related field.
- Required experience in technical/engineering concepts and CAD product functionality and applications.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Effectively use the tools and platforms required by the organization.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Effectively communicate in one-to-one and group situations, and with customers and stakeholders.
- Keeps pace with the continual progress of business and customer requirements and rapid technological advances in delivery media.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of NX, or previous experience with CAD software.
- Background in mechanical engineering, specifically modeling and drafting skills, is desirable.
- Practical knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) principles.
- Teamcenter skills. In particular, knowledge of the JT open source product, the JT viewer, and JT in the Teamcenter environment.