Technical Support Specialist II
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 236151
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Technical Support Specialist II
Siemens Building Technologies is looking for a technical Support Specialist for their Florham Park, NJ facility. Individual fields incoming technical support requests, is responsible for providing complex technical support on fire alarm safety systems, and escalating unresolved issues to ensure timely problem resolution. Candidate must possess excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills, while exhibiting characteristics and behaviors which support SBT Mission, Vision and Values.
Regular working hours are from 8:00am-4:30pm EST, Monday - Friday with rotating shift from 9:30am- 6:00pm. Participate on a rotating week of on-call for after hours (6pm – 8am EST) and weekends/holidays. Travel to assist with on-site support of customer equipment as required.
· Provide technical support to Siemens fire alarm customers via telephone, email, and on-site as required.
· Effectively assist Field Service Engineers and Technicians, serving as the product expert and counseling first level personnel on problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution.
· Logs incoming support requests issue description as explained by the customer and the suggested resolution details into the company call tracking system in a timely and professional manner.
· Consults and if needed escalates the support request to Application/Field Support Engineers for higher level support.
· Achieves customer satisfaction through timely follow-up and appropriate troubleshooting.
· Provides evaluation and appropriate feedback on service manual revisions, technical bulletins, modifications, and review of new products and procedures to ensure quality field service.
· Basic skills in Outlook, Excel, Word and other critical job related applications.
· Maintains a high level of technical expertise on products supported via online and instructed lead training courses.
· Exhibits professionalism.
· Embraces diversity and respects differences of opinions.
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
· Possesses familiarity with basic operational aspects of low voltage security and fire systems.
· Must have an electronics background and some field service experience.
· Must have experience in testing, repairing and maintaining low voltage equipment.
· Familiarity with computers and basic test equipment needed.
· Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
· Associates Degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering not required, but would be a plus.