Airfoil Production Supervisor
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 236157
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Airfoil Production Supervisor
Rural Hall, NC
Are you an accomplished hands-on leader? Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? The Siemens repair manufacturing facility in Rural Hall is seeking an individual that will lead and direct hourly workforce with responsibility for safety, quality, on time delivery and cost targets.
Primary responsibilities include driving a safety and quality culture in the area of responsibility commensurate with the mission and vision of the plant. This is a high visibility role with demanding targets.
You will report to small parts airfoil product line manager based at the manufacturing facility and working 1st shift.
- Drive safety culture by actively engaging with the shop floor operations and quality throughout the process by ensuring process adherence.
- Drive continuous improvement and be a champion of change
- Mentor and drive accountability of direct reports and maintain a culture of respect within the group
- Collaborate with peers to achieve overall plant targets.
- Maintain a sense of urgency to meet customer delivery dates.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- You have achieved a four year degree in business or engineering preferred
- Ability to use excellent verbal and written English skills in a dynamic environment
- Engage with multi-functional teams in an operations and engineering environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft office suite is helpful
- Prior experience of leading skilled hourly work force
- Ability to work and lead in a diverse environment
- Ability to handle conflict resolution
- This position will only require very minimal travel
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the USA. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- 2-5+ years of relevant experience
You move to the top of the pack:
- Knowledge of payroll software, SAP
- Knowledge of machining/manufacturing/assembly experience
- Prior knowledge of gas turbines
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.