Commissioning Technician - Fire & Security - Buffalo, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236193
Primary Location: United States-New York-Amherst
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Our contributions are very
apparent – our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies
Division is searching for an experienced Field Fire & Security Systems
Commissioning Specialist II to design, coordinate, manage implementations
and/or perform service for new equipment installation, equipment, or repairs
for Commercial Fire & Life Safety/Electronic Security Systems. Are you
ready to make history with us?
As a Field Fire/Security Systems Commissioning Specialist, you will provide design and technical service to customer systems including technical support during the installation and commissioning of new or expanded systems. Our Specialists work in the Field and coordinate with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office and perform system commissioning including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
You will conduct tests and inspections of systems under maintenance agreements, respond and carry out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems. Field Fire/Security Commissioning Specialist at Siemens work to ensure company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
Additional tasks include, returning equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner, working to identify code issues and non-conformance issues. Field Specialist make recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities. They also provide reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material, participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required and act as a mentor and provide on-the-job training to entry level Field Solutions/Service Technicians as assigned. The Specialists coordinates with contractors in the process of installation of systems sold by a branch office.
Siemens will provide you with some training to help you ramp up our product knowledge. So if you are ready to make your mark in history and with Siemens, submit your resume today!
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- State of NY Fire License, NICET I Minimum
- Successfully demonstrates thorough/ advanced knowledge of a technical or specialty area
- Generally, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- A.S. degree in Electronics or related field and experience in the installation and maintenance of Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems, a HS Diploma/GED is a minimum education requirement
- Strong customer service skills
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- 2 to 3 years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products
- Security Product Knowledge: SiPass, Software House, Bosch/ Radionics, Pelco, S2, DMP, GE, Lenel, American Dynamics, Honeywell/ Vindicator, ProWatch
- Fire Product Knowledge: Siemens/ Cerberus, Simplex, EST, Notifier, Silent Knight, Fire Lite, Bosch, Gamewell
- NICET Level II Certification