Project Manager External SW Implementation
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 236200
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
We seek a professional PMI certified Project Manager with a proven track record of managing external complex large scale software implementation projects preferably in the utility/energy sector.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scope, deadline and budget. This includes directing resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, participate in project planning during and after the sales cycle and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management and stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope to maximize success and minimize risk to the customer and the company
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements for the contracted scope of the project(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents.
- Apply Siemens project process and management principles at all aspects of project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify Successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- 5 + years of Project Management experience with large systems in the utility industry
- Bachelors’ degree in (computer science), electrical engineer, or power systems engineer
- PMI certified
- Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking skills, Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Expertise in the energy/utility industry
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- 25% travel is required