Strategic Business Planner 1
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 236207
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Strategic Business Planner 1
Strategic Business Planner, Strategy and Projects Office, Imaging and Diagnostics Service: The Service Division of Siemens Healthcare delivers the engineering, educational and consulting services for the US installed base of imaging and diagnostics equipment. As part of the Service Strategy and Projects team, the Strategic Business Planner is responsible for investigating, formulating and driving business improvement projects with reach across the service organization. The strategic business planner prepares business cases and project milestone meetings, drives the design, implementation and roll out of improvement programs, training and reporting to key stakeholders. The function requires extensive project coordination and information support within the US organization as well as with global headquarters
teams for projects ranging from service delivery and execution to revenue generation.
In addition to developing and driving project teams, the strategic business planner interacts closely with US and global Siemens Healthcare executive management to drive key initiatives and implementation. Successful candidates and their project work will be highly visible
at multiple levels in the Siemens Healthcare organization.
· Investigate optimization opportunities and overall impact to the organization using data analysis, workshops, reviews and strategic directives.
· Formulate business cases for high impact opportunities.
· Execute optimization projects/programs by engaging the identified resources, setting up of monitoring mechanisms, controls, key performance indicators (KPIs) and regular follow up.
· Coordinate with technical leads within regional and global service support functions to identify opportunities related to product quality, product training, clinical applications of Siemens’ healthcare products and customer education.
· Manage a funnel of executable opportunities determined from data related to productivity, efficiency and processes.
· Communicate project progress to key stakeholders, including global and US executive management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 0-2 Year’s experience in the healthcare industry and/or diagnostic imaging.
· BS/BA or advanced degree with a major in Biomedical Engineering, Biomechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Business Administration or similar.
· Experience in project management and execution
· Experience in applying LEAN and/or Six Sigma Methodologies
· Excellent analytical skills
· Exceptional communication skills to interact, drive, and present on different levels in the organization.
· Proficiency in MS office suite + MS project
· Fluency in English
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· LEAN Practitioner/Six Sigma Green Belt Preferred
· BS/BA or advanced degree with a focus in diagnostic imaging and/or biomedical engineering
· Experience in driving improvement programs in a matrix organization.
· Methodological approach to define scope, action plans and delivery.
· Experience with database analysis
Travel = 25%