Chief Systems Engineer
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 236229
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
Siemens Government Technologies is in search of a Chief Systems Engineer for a subsystem of a major DoD acquisition program. This individual should have experience in engineering and prototype engineer, test, assemble and delivery a first of its type aerospace subsystem, engineering supervision of the deliverable of SDRLs, engineering oversight of risk management, design reviews, change notification and problem notification, ICDs and military specification equivalency to commercial certification process for aerospace vehicles. The systems engineer will lead a team of engineers from a team of subcontractors in the specialties of electrical, aerospace, thermal, structural, and mechanical engineering. A successful individual will have the ability to lead a distributed team of subcontractors and suppliers following export compliance and technical data procedures.
· Successful completion of the program and act as the single point of contact for all technical, financial and schedule data that pertains to the Program.
· Deliver Documentation in accordance with a SOW and Subcontract Data Requirements List (SDRL), all delivered electronically.
· For this prototype program, identify, develop and execute mitigation strategies in order to manage and report the uncertainties associated with schedule and technical performance risks for the Program.
· Working closely with the PM, oversee the engineering requirements and their input into the IMS for the entire effort, illustrating inter-relationships of activities and milestones including baseline tracking, critical path, schedule slack, schedule risk assessment, analysis of critical path activities, and planned achievement of the technical and program review milestones.
• Review Hardware and Software element architectures
• Oversee design layout/model of subsystem/component assemblies
• Oversee and approve description of Physical Interfaces
• Lead and guide trade studies performed to select physical architecture
• Identify Key Driving Requirements
• Lead the first of its type subassembly through Preliminary Manufacturing Approach
• Provide preliminary analysis results
• Lead design of system states and modes, control logic
• Technical Performance Measure (TPM)
• Predictions for Reliability/Maintainability
• Oversee Risks and Mitigation Plan
• Requirement Verification Trace Matrix (RVTM) with preliminary compliance assessments & proposed verification methods
• Lead and Approve integrated systems Preliminary 3D CAD Model of Design
• Preliminary Interface Control Document
· United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country, foreign passports, visas or work visas.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of experience managing major Department of Defense Programs or larger commercial aerospace projects
· Experience managing engineering of prototypes and leading diverse team of engineers
· Project Management Professional Certification is highly preferred
· Excellent Leadership skills with the ability to lead and influence stakeholders
· Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interpret and speak to technical documents
· Security Clearance: Candidate must be a US citizen and the position requires a Secret Level clearance.