Clinical Development Specialist, GI
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 236241
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Healthcare Division develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape. As a global leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics, and healthcare information technology, we have a keen understanding of the entire patient care continuum—from prevention and early detection to diagnosis and treatment.
For further information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
The Clinical Development Specialist is expected to be the internal clinical expert with the knowledge to represent the needs of the target customer for all General Imaging Applications
· The Clinical Development Specialist provides clinical support to product development teams in all areas of product definition/specifications, product development, and product evaluations.
· The Clinical Development Specialist is also a resource for Product Management and outbound Clinical Marketing Teams.
· Partners with Ultrasound Engineering (UE) in the development and optimization of transducers and clinical exams to meet the customer needs
· Responsible for creating and/or having input to specific documentation such as Clinical Requirements, Product Requirements, and Product Specifications as requested
· Responsible for benchmarking and understanding the competitive systems relative performance
· Responsible for managing external clinical evaluations and clinical sites
· Experience with Internal Review Board (IRB) guidelines is desired
· Responsible and accountable for ensuring the User Manual is aligned with the User Interface of the System
· Provide Clinical / Technical / Educational support to internal / external customers as needed.
· Support Outbound Marketing with product positioning as needed
· Business writing skills necessary
· Must have at least (7) seven years of experience in diagnostic ultrasound and current ARDMS (RDMS) registry required.
· Multiple Registries (ARDMS) is desired but not necessary
· Pediatric ultrasound experience is desired
· Experience working in product development is highly desired
· Must have strong clinical skills and an eye for image resolution
· Must have inherent critical thinking capabilities
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to understand both the clinical and business needs of the customer and Siemens Healthineers respectively.
· Ability to translate customer needs into clear product requirements for R&D is a must
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Education & Experience
· BS/BA in related discipline
· Current ARDMS or equivalent credentials in relevant field(s) (RDMS, RVT, RMSK)
· Must have clinical experience in General and Vascular Applications
· Prior experience in field applications or other commercial ultrasound experience highly desired
· Requires industry /commercial experience of at least 5 years as well as 7 years of experience in clinical diagnostic setting