Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236244
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
- Execute customized drivetrain solutions under minimal supervision using local and global design standards, industry standards and engineering best practices.
- Develop new solutions and standardize them for use across our Engineering team.
- Stay up to date on the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens to maintain top-notch skills and knowledge.
- Provide engineering support for Sales, PM, Manufacturing, Field Service and Quality Assurance groups from sales through execution, commissioning, and service.
- Interface directly to project customers to answer questions, resolve comments, and present Siemens solutions.
- Prepare project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
- Collaborate with CAD specialists and design engineers to prepare project-specific drawing packages.
- Technically approve internal and external subcontractor products and solutions to ensure industry and customer requirements are satisfied.
- Based out of our Alpharetta, Georgia office with required domestic and international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities.
- International/Domestic Relocation assistance available
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- Industry knowledge in Fiber.
- Thorough understanding of variable speed drives and coordinated controls.
- Knowledge of drivetrain system design.
- Industrial experience (5-8 yrs) with variable speed drives and electric machines.
- PLC/HMI programming and configuration experience.
- Knowledge of SINAMICS drives and S7 PLCs.
- Field service or Commissioning background.
- Strong organization and excellent time management.
- Strong verbal and written English communication.
- Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software.
- Education: Masters in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Medium Voltage Experience.
- Switchgear Experience.