Market Communications Specialist
Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 236248
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Apply relevant governance standards, policies and procedures to, and ensure consistency, quality, and transparency of BU (Business Unit) communications.
• Assist in content development to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, extranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations.
• Solid understanding and consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines.
• Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach on a project basis.
• Research and communicate Business Unit success stories, products and innovations.
• Evaluate effectiveness of communication by conducting surveys, inquiries and other elements of the communication performance management.
• Collaborate with Marcom teams to achieve the communication objectives of the BU or Segment.
• Working with FSS (Functional Shared Services), assist with coordination, execution and follow-up analysis of customer events and trade shows.
• Assist in BU specific communication projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a consistent high quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact with people at all levels of the organization
• Strong attention to detail and project management skills
• Organizational skills and project management experience
• Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
• Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
• BA in communications/marketing or related field, required
• Domestic travel, up to 15%
• Strong organization skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong customer service orientation. Ability to collaborate with all levels
• Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work under time constraints with multiple projects