Engineering Specialist II - Fire Systems
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236263
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Beaverton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
The Engineering Specialist II is leader, mentor and technical specialist in the Fire Alarm and Security Industry. Working with Branch Leadership, the Engineering Specialists works with technicians and project managers to ensure projects are completed in a manner that meets or exceeds customers expectation. Additionally the position allows for growth and development as our team performs some of the most complex projects in our region. The position works for the operations supervisor.
- Works with engineering to ensure designs meet client expectations and code compliance.
- Works with and mentors technicians in the field
- Works closely with project managers to ensure timely completion
- Acts as a leader, providing strong customer interactions.
- Interacts positively with Authorities Having Jurisdiction
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma
- LEA license in the State of Oregon
- NICET II - Minimum
- 5+ years experience in the fire alarm industry
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates Degree or Above
- Core Competence in Both Fire Alarm and Security Systems