Software Engineer, Staff
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 236279
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Responsible for bridging the gap between software and systems and hardware engineering with emphasis on understanding the system behaviors that impact software and help design software solutions to meet the system design goals
The incumbent will also be involved in data analytics to enable machine learning.
Will design the specification and contents of hardware interface for the software team.
Will coordinate the date to date interactions with systems team.
Strong background in medical devices with focus on hardware coupling with software.
Incumbent should have worked extensively with customers with the understanding of customer problems and the potential solutions in software
Reports to head of software development, this is an individual contributor role with very visible impact
- The incumbent will be responsible for making sure software team implements and aheres to hardware and systems specifications
- Reviews and participates in design reviews of the software to ensure compliance to the system specifications and functional requirements
- Drives the definition review and execution of software/system integration test protocols
- Drives the machine data and big data initiative in software development
- Drives the definition and execution of data analytics from the field instruments and helps define pattern matching for proactive services
- BS or MS in Computer or Biomedical Engineering
- 5 years of experience in IVD industry
- Will require occasional travel to local or global sites