Financial Planning and Reporting Analyst - Building Technologies - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 236289
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
- Great opportunity to work for a large multinational company in a field capacity. You can expect to interact with all aspects of operations, sales, procurement, quality, accounting and finance. The Operations Financial Analyst supports the very complex business we perform – providing exposure to a full value chain business including solutions, services and energy projects.
- The Siemens Building Technologies (BT) Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environment-friendly buildings and infrastructures. As a technology partner, service provider, system integrator and product vendor, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection, life safety and security as well as building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), and energy management.
- This position supports the Enterprise Zone which is responsible for driving the Building Technologies activities in growing markets across the US focusing on Enterprise type customers (Central HQ, multiple sites).
- Our primary focus in the financial organization at BT is to strengthen the financial results of the Zone (business knowledge, process and policy guidance, ensuring accuracy of the financial statements, etc.) The Finance Planning and Reporting Analyst reports to the Senior Director of Finance for Southwest. Position might provide general guidance or training to junior level support and professional personnel.
Evaluates data, prepares forecasts, and analyzes trends in sales, finance, general business conditions and other related areas.
Completes moderately complex financial reporting and planning/forecasting. Analyzes financial reports and prepares various financial reports and analysis as needed.
Performs moderate to complex financial and operational analysis to support short-term and long-range strategic plans and operating budgets.
Compiles and reviews financial plans and budgets, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income for corporate departments.
Ensures compliance with budget allotments; maintain accurate spending records; and establish measures for budgetary controls.
Develops and modifies financial systems and corporate models related to budgets, forecasts and capital expenditures.
Oversees project cost responsibility, cost monitoring and inventory analysis.
Performs financial analyses at multiple complexity levels including rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, and financial and expense performance comparisons. Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve.
Requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly defined issues.
Identifies and communicates internal control issues for assigned area(s).
- This position may require approximately 10% travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 8-10 years of financial experience.
- Experience with integrated financial systems required.
- Good verbal and written communication, presentation, and leadership skills are invaluable.
- Preference would be given to individuals with excellent Excel, Hyperion, Microsoft Office Suite, and SAP skills.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and Think Cell preferable.
- Access Database skills could be helpful.