Product Engineer, Staff
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 236303
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Position Overview Position Overview
Are you an organized and logical engineer who likes to be on the cutting edge of new products? Can you develop complex project plans and drive solutions to technical problems enabling the introduction on new diagnostic products into a world class manufacturing organization on time and on budget? If so we have an open Staff Engineer position within our Supply Chain and Manufacturing - New Product Introduction group –that is responsible to lead a project and support team to the realization of a new product into manufacturing operations. This position will bring the future of Laboratory Diagnostics instruments and hardware to the market.
· Key liaison between development and commercialization.
- Represent the Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing and Procurement functions at the project Core Team.
- Reports to the Director of New Product Introduction, within the Supply Chain and Manufacturing organization.
- Work with R&D to coordinate “Design To Cost” and “Design For Manufacturing and Assembly” activities
- Collaborate closely with Procurement to coordinate Early Supplier Involvement and input into design to achieve manufacturability and target cost
- Work with Quality, Procurement, Manufacturing, Logistics, Testers to ensure product readiness for volume production
- Reports Standard Product Cost
- Achieve on time delivery of key milestone
- Drive New Product Introduction Core Initiatives and Best Practices across on-going projects
- Represent the Healthineers Principles (Core Values)
- Collaborate with related business partners
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering Field
- 7-9 Years’ experience in Medical Device Development or Manufacturing
- Experience with tools and principles to maximize the effective manufacture of high quality goods such as “Design To Cost”, “Early Supplier Involvement”, “Design For Manufacturing and Assembly”
- Superb communication skills
- Medical Device, or other FDA regulated field
- 30% travel
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Masters’ Degree in related engineering field
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma Certification, a plus
- Project Management Certification, a plus
- SAP experience, a plus