Service Technician - Building Automation
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236306
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Tampa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
· Participates in semi-complex equipment installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs and overhauls.
· Participates in training customers on semi-complex products and services. Performs semi-complex maintenance on automation systems and submits documents on all installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work, and failures.
· Participates in responding to semi-complex service or systems calls.
· Participates in the assessment of semi-complex product/equipment performance based on field support data and recommends modifications or improvements.
Reports to Service Operations Supervisor
· Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that the building automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
· Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours. Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
· Diagnoses troubleshoots and determines corrective action and repairs to the Building Automation System.
· Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts. Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
· Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
· Executes new project start-up, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting of installed Building Automation System controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects
· Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, and troubleshooting and installation instructions. Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
· May coordinate with other trades at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
· Completes and submits timesheets, expenses, safety logs and other necessary information timely.
· If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
· Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
· Participates in job site final walk and / or completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs.
· Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
· Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
· Participates in On call Service.
· Must have knowledge in servicing Honeywell, JCI, Tridium,
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· HS diploma or equivalent.
· 5+ years DDC Controls engineering or service experience or 2 yrs Service Specialist II experience required.
· Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations required.
· Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting required.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills. Ability to work as part of a team or alone
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.