Senior Splunk Architect
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 236336
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
***Will consider HOME OFFICE US candidates in the Eastern and Central time zones***
The Senior Splunk Content Engineer will design and provide support for the Cyber Security Operations Team Splunk environments. The Senior Splunk Content Engineer will work with the different application development teams and lead the gathering of data/logs in alignment with the team's telemetry requirements. The Senior Splunk Content Engineer will be a key member of the Cyber Security Operations team providing technical leadership and expertise to the security organization. The Senior Splunk Content Engineer will focus on core Splunk installations and gathering Splunk data across the enterprise to feed into core Splunk and Splunk Apps. This position will play a key role in data centralization and standardization at Siemens including writing code for data collection, data correlation, and dashboard presentations.
· Provide thought leadership for all design, implementation, and maintenance activities related to Splunk.
· Create, optimize, and continuously evaluate security monitoring content (correlated searches/alerts) on Splunk.
· Design and create new detection techniques and improve existing ones.
· Identify gaps in existing security capabilities. Recommend and assist in technology evaluations and implementations to close the gaps.
· Design and implement Amazon AWS monitoring solution. This role will serve as the AWS subject matter expert for the Cyber Security Operations team.
· Plan and lead large security projects and log aggregation initiatives. The candidate is expected to work with application development teams, information services, and other partners on enterprise scale projects and initiatives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Computer Science, Mathematics degree or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of technical experience
· 3+ years of industry experience
· 6+ years of work experience
· Minimum 3+ years of Splunk or other SIEM solution. The candidate must have experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating SIEM solution.
· Strong technical knowledge of Amazon AWS products and services, such as EC2, BeanStalk, Lambda, VPC, Route53, Amazon FW, API Gateway, ELB, CloudTrail, CloudFront, and etc.
· Familiarity with basic statistics/probability and Big Data analytics techniques such as SVM, logistics regression, Kmeans, and Naives Bayes.
· Minimal travel required- 5%