Sr. Business Development Analyst
Business Unit: Strategy & Innovation
Requisition Number: 236340
Primary Location: United States-California-Berkeley
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Job Title : Sr. Business Development Analyst
Job Location : Berkeley, CA
Reporting to: Head of BD & Legal
Enable the growth of the Siemens Healthineers Molecular Diagnostics (MD) business through the identification of new growth opportunities and development of business plans to drive investments and build partnerships to meet the goals of MD.
· Contribute to the development and evolution of MD’s overall strategy, which spans topics in portfolio management, investments and partnerships, technology innovation, and business operations; communicate and track implementation of such strategy
- Synthesize multiple sources of information to develop a coherent understanding of market opportunities, emerging customer needs, and the competitive landscape
- Analyze the current state of the MD business and product/service portfolio, identify risks and opportunities, and develop go-forward action plans
- Manage the business process for continuous funnel development of growth opportunities to expand the MD portfolio
- Manage the process for effective partnership due diligence (business and technical), and develop metrics and an efficient monitoring process to ensure identification of investments and activities that should be accelerated or abandoned
· Ensure alignment of MD’s business and commercial strategies with Siemens Healthineers corporate strategy
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Undergraduate degree and post-graduate degree (MBA in related discipline or other relevant degree) required.
· Strong quantitative, financial analysis and business modeling background; effective written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to work in a large, matrixed organization.
· 5-10+ years of experience in healthcare; extensive background in Molecular Diagnostics/in vitro diagnostics field is desirable, as well as prior consulting experience. Global experience also preferred.