Application Support Engineer Advanced
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 236360
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Milford, United States-Missouri-St. Louis, United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Depending on types of applications supported, qualified
candidates must have a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical
Design, Computer Science or equivalent schooling and/or experience.
· A minimum of two to five years, general CAD, CAM, CAE, or PDM
experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is
· Strong background in Team center installation with an emphasis
on Team center Manufacturing.
· Requires proficient analytical, writing, and communication
skills, thorough knowledge of computer systems, i.e. application
installation, use of email, and O/S experience.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in customer support and call tracking system.
· Ability to comprehend complex software concepts, an
understanding of Visual Basic or C programming, database concepts,
networking concepts, and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
· Background in Microsoft SQL or Oracle is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored
work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United
As a Technical Support Engineer, you are responsible for assisting
customers in the use of Siemens PLM software; interfacing with support
and development management to escalate key customer issues; developing
technical articles (technical writing) for publications/newsletters,
and customer self-help tools; assist in testing and verification of
software fixes during the development cycle. GTAC (Global Technical Access
Center) calls would occasionally require additional input from
technical leads, development, and management. Area of customer focus
would consist of broad range of products including niche areas. This
person could serve as mentor or focal point for product information.
Scope of influence could include Marketing, Development, Onsite
Customers, User Groups, and possibly Business Partners.
· Answer 800 number calls from clients and provide solutions
for their problems.
· Under minimum direction, analyze client’s problem and provide
a solution or a workaround in a timely manner that meets the customer’s
· Duplicate client problems, provide explicit problem examples
to development, and write detailed problem and enhancement reports.
· Provide technical assistance to team members on difficult
customer problems. Identify critical issues and take responsibility
for successful resolution of issue while coaching.
· Actively participate and seek out GTAC department
opportunities in including: product testing, Incident Report, Problem
Report, and Enhancement Request maintenance, GTAC Quarterly and
Symptom/Solution article creation, and staff meeting discussions.
· Recommend improvements to GTAC objectives.
· Create Solution Center articles, and attend technical training
sessions every other year.
· Train a minimum of 80 hours
· Expand scope of product knowledge to include additional
functional areas, applications, focal points, or modules, while
maintaining area of expertise.
· Contribute positively to GTAC Objectives.
· Provide accurate exchanges of information that show knowledge
of GTAC processes.
This employee would be required to work on Saturday and Sunday from 8 am-5 pm in addition to 24 hours during Monday-Friday.
*This position is open to:
St. Louis, MO