Pricing Analyst - Tools and Methods Coordinator
Business Unit: Business Operations Americas
Requisition Number: 236364
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
As the Pricing Analyst, you will balance between transactional pricing support (execution and governance) and management of strategic pricing topics. You will act as the local expert in pricing policies, methods, process, and systems. You will also be responsible for maintaining performance measurements and driving process improvements/automation for the pricing portion of the department, as well as supporting non-core projects/services/objectives given to the overall department. Success in this role will require a service oriented mindset combined with communication, project management, mathematical, and technical skills.
- Pricing service provider of transactional and portfolio pricing (performance) evaluations enabling business units/sales to make timely data driven decisions on financial deal performance regarding new/existing business
- Governance service provider for qualifying pricing (profitability) evaluations executed by ancillary pricing functions within business units/sales ensuring compliance to Global, Local, and business unit specific policies
- Pricing Tools & Methods expert providing business units/sales with advanced guidance of Global, Local, and business unit specific policies, methods, transactional/portfolio structuring options, and system capabilities for new/existing business
- Pricing tools & Methods coordinator ensuring alignment between Global, Local, and business unit specific policies, pricing methods, process definition, and system functionality.
- You will report to the VP of Risk Controlling & Analytics Americas (a group of 7 with local and international reporting lines), and fulfill the role of pricing expert and coordinator for all businesses in the Americas region. You will continuously engage with local and global business unit pricing functions, sales/originations, financial planners, IT teams, and risk/governance functions.
- Work with business partners and risk governance in developing qualitative/quantitative financial models to evaluate business impacts/performance of new business, and the impacts of policy and pricing method changes
- Assist business units/sales in structuring transactions for new/existing business models to meet customer/competitive needs while remaining compliant to policy and operational capabilities
- Maintain a roadmap and facilitate the alignment of Global, Local, and business unit specific policies, pricing methods, system configuration(s), and process definitions ensuring transparency with all key partners
- Act as project manager, business analyst, developer, and change manager driving successful implementation of changes to policy, method, process, system with minimal business disruption
- Develop/execute robust quality, regression, and user acceptance testing practices ensuring seamless implementation of policy, method, process, system change
- Provide on demand pricing evaluation(s) and compliance/exception reviews to various business units
- Provide upstream and downstream functions with triggers/data required to execute processes as a result of pricing activities
- Provide pricing system users training and ongoing technical support
- Facilitate business continuity plan (BCP) for entire pricing, funding, and risk management function and as well as pricing related tools (in support of ancillary pricing functions)
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- 0 to 3 years working experience in a financial services (leasing and lending)
- Effective problem solving, project management, and interpersonal skills including Interpersonal/and large audience Presentation, User/Technical documentation
- Proficient in data mining, aggregation, and presentation methods
- Proficient mathematical skills/ability to quantitatively model business scenarios
- Intermediate to Advanced utilization of Microsoft Excel (Access and PowerPoint a plus)
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of technical languages “code” (eg. XML, VBA, SQL, R)
- Understanding of financial risk measures (e.g. Value at Risk), probability of default, recovery rates, expected loss, etc.
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- MS degree in Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with advanced report tools a plus (e.g. R Shiny, Tableau, etc.)
- Awareness of the structuring of leases and loans, specifically on those aspects that impact the financial performance of the transaction (i.e. deriving cost of funds, tax benefits, costs of risk capital etc.