Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 236391
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Harleysville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Professional will work in Siemens Instrumentation technical support department. Key responsibilities are to diagnose product related issues and troubleshoot customer symptoms to a
level that exposes root-cause failure. Technical support events are to be documented using Siebel Assist software. Additionally, technical expertise will be utilized to effectively resolve product related issues as they appear in other parts of the business, i.e. production and engineering.
- Successfully applies knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Analyze customers' technical setup in order to better judge on aspects of product and solution integration.
- Provide technical support in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effectively communicate technical and troubleshooting procedures via phone and email.
- Transcribe pertinent technical support events using Siebel Assist software.
- Maintain and exceed a favorable customer satisfaction level of 90% or above.
- Expand product knowledge as new features and products become available.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical education in an engineering discipline.
- 2-5 years of successful experience in an technical engineering support role or in a process automation industry
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Good communication skills with the ability to discuss technical issues with customers, technical support staff via phone, email or in person.
- Self-starter and detailed oriented, quick learner
- Good computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft Office applications
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology or related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years of industrial experience with direct experience in Pressure, Temperature, Valve Positioners, Pneumatic Products.
- Fundamental understanding of the Siemens Instrumentation products, solutions and service portfolio
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications