Layout Design Specialist- PA
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 236392
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bethlehem
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
- Main function is to achieve excellence in Performance & Reliability of turbocompressors, in the revamp, aero / mechanical design, construction, installation, aftermarket service and technical support functions
- Primary accountability: complete mechanical layout in UG NX and design objectives within schedule and budget for all contracts, providing drafting support to Marketing & Sales during proposal development, and providing technical support to customers and field service on installed fleets.
- Serving the legacy Rolls Royce, Delaval and oOEM turbocompressor fleets
- Being the UG NX lead within the design team, supporting Project Managers, Product Design Engineers, Core Tech Engineers, Production / Sourcing / Manufacturing teams
- Responsible for 2D layout & 3D modeling of compressors flange-to-flange and associated BOM, in accordance with established design rules and drafting standards
- Supporting disposition of non-conformances by engineering
- Supporting planning for assembly and field machining/installation
- Technical lead in field installation, at Service Centers or customer sites during turnaround
- Associate’s degree and equivelent experience
- 3 years of parametric 2D & 3D CAD-based machinery design & drafting
- Working knowledge of precision measurement hand tools such as micrometers, digital calipers, pi tapes