Informatics Systems Specialist
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 236413
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Informatics Systems Specialist supports the LD Sales force for Informatics middleware sales within the DX LT customer base. The specialist must be a subject matter expert on IT middleware capabilities, customization, operation, compatibility, and design.
The specialist will report into the LD Informatics National Sales Director.
• Subject matter expert on competitive middleware products, financial tactics, and strategic positioning.
Subject matter expert on
• Assist on customer quotes on all Siemens Dx middleware opportunities. Ensures right fit for the customer.
• Drives sales results on the assigned Siemens Informatics product line.
• Partners with Account Manager and Sales Specialist to achieve business objectives.
• Participates in RFP process when IT solutions are involved.
• Own the process for Demonstrations, VIP, and Site Visits.
• Responsible to increase the confidence and capability of the Account Manager and the Sales Specialist with regard to Siemens IT solutions. Conducts regular training sessions with Sales Specialist as well as Account Manager to increase knowledge and capability of sales force.
• Works with the sales teams to develops and execute the strategic plan for specific instrument opportunities, leveraging Siemens middleware capability.
• Works with the Customer Project Manager and IT support specialist to drive targeted customer solutions.
• Submits input to the CAI Sales Specialist for orders forecast and SHARE updates.
• Enlist resources of Healthcare Solutions Consultants when and where appropriate. Works with HCS to differentiate Siemens IT and solution benefit for the customer.
• Works with Siemens IT to drive synergies across HealthCare divisions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Education: BS/BA in related discipline preferred, or advanced degree, where
required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification may be required in some areas.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately complex assignments. Successfully applies complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
Typically 5-8 years of
successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key
Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be
substituted for experience, where applicable.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Ideally seeking individuals with experience in clinical lab diagnostics.